Looking to spend quality time with your child, but don’t know what programs are offered in Southern New England? Check out these three Mommy-and-Me programs you and your child will love!
Play Date | Seekonk, MA
Play Date sets out to provide a stimulating environment for children to play, learn and socialize with the atmosphere and decor that attracts adults. From hosting adorable, stress-free birthday parties, to Wear It Wednesday, or just surviving a long winter week, Play Date is a fun environment for both children and adults. Socialize with other parents at the coffee bar while your children learn and explore! They even have snacks, couches, juice for kids, chalk boards, sand pit, doll houses, dress up with a stage and so many more activities. This will keep your child entertained allowing parents some freedom to chat and relax, while also being able to see where their child is at all times.
Pods Swimming | Providence, RI
Want to teach your child how to swim in a safe and fun environment? We might still be a little ways off from beach weather, but it’s just around the corner and that means lots of swimming.
Pods Swimming is a year round aquatics education center that has been serving Providence, Rhode Island. Family Swim is a great way for children and their families to spend an evening or weekend together in the 25 yard lap pool or 90-degree teaching pool. Owner Susan Pascale and her sister Jamie have been teaching swimming in the community for more than 20 years without the use of floatation devices, creating a generation of stronger swimmers.
What to expect in their facility:
- The 20 x 40 square foot shallow teaching pool ranges from 3’9″ to 4′ deep. The teaching pool will be maintained at a 90 degree water temperature, ideal for body temperature regulation and motor movement.
- The six lane, 25-yard pool ranges from 4′ to 9′ feet deep with 7′ lanes
- State of the art pool filtration and treatment system. Our filtration system goes above and beyond typical treatment packages found in traditional swim school pools. It was designed with industrial grade controls, filtration, and treatment systems that have been used in the most rigorous Rhode Island municipal pool applications for years. Our UV system has received “EPA approved validation” for performance to assure patrons protection against waterborne diseases.
- Air conditioned reception/ viewing area for parents with free WiFi
- Swim store supplying families with all your aquatic and educational activity supply needs.
OM Kids Yoga | Pawtucket, RI
Take a retreat with your child for bonding, bending and connecting in this one of a kind yoga experience, designed especially for one on one time with your child. Join yoga Instructor Elyse for a 2.5 hour yoga extravaganza of fun, and love, and being completely present and in the moment. Partner poses and games take center stage to challenge your bodies. Love letter writing, foot rubs, and cupcakes are all part of a day that is sure to be a “forever memory” for you and your child. Absolutely no yoga experience necessary! Wear comfortable clothing, and remember to bring a water bottle. Mats, snacks and lots of FUN are included.
Check out these wonderful “Mommy-and-Me” playdates in Southern New England!